Seating up to 45, the Earth’s Treasury makes a great fit for elegant, intimate dinners at the Natural History Museum. Guests can see how diamonds are formed and cut, and view the royal links to precious stones. A glittering display includes everything from gold nuggets to Stonehenge rock and kryptonite to some of the worlds most precious stones.

 

Dinners – up to 45

Receptions – up to 200

 

Venue History

The history of the Natural History Museum goes back to over 250 years. The origins of the museum lie with Sir Hans Sloane, who was both a physician and a collector. Sir Hans Sloane donated his impressive collection of natural curiosities to the nation in 1753.

This collection however originally was given to the British Museum – once the collection grew with other donations, Sir Richard Owen the British Museum’s natural history collection’s Superintendent persuaded the government to move the collection to a new museum.

The site where the new museum would stand was initially occupied by what was called ‘the ugliest building in London’ – this building held the International Exhibition of 1863. The new museum was officially declared open in 1963, however different sections before this year had already been opened to the public.